Last week I signed up for our latest and revamped nutrition plan, the Ultimate Portion Fix. We’ve basically taken portion control to the next level, with more information, more recipes, more proof and more support and created this Ultimate Portion Fix. Truthfully, even if you’ve been using the container system for years like me, this 30 day program will set you up for a lifetime of success!
When I signed up for this new program, I received a new recipe book! Yay! I immediately wanted to try ALL the recipes because they look amazing! So, on Sunday I did my usual meal prep and made these yummy Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal muffins and yum! They were super simple, delicious and healthy so I thought I’d share with you guys! But, seriously, you need to get access to this meal plan ASAP! It will teach you how to meal plan and cook for your entire family! Yes, even your picky kiddos!
Give these Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal a try and let me know what you think!
Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal
- 2 cups dry old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp bakng powder, gluten free
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk ( I subbed in almond milk instead)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extact
- 3/4 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple, in 100% pinealpple juice, drained
- 3 Tbsp light sour cream
- 3 Tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Prepare twelve muffin cups by lining with muffin papers. Set aside
- Combine oats, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salet in medium bowl; mix well. Set aside
- Combine coconut milk, eggs, maple syrup, extract, carrots, and pineapple in medium bowl, mix well..
- Fold count milk mixture into oat mixture; mix well.
- Divide batter evenly into peppered muffin cups
- Bake for 30 minuetes, rotating pan after 15 minutes.
- While oatmeal cups are baking, make icing. Combine sure cream and powdered sugar in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Let oatmeal cups cook in pan util you can handle them. Remove to a cooling rack.
- Drizzle each oatmeal cups with approximately 1 tsp icing before serving. Serve warm.