I have been dying to try these Orange Cherry Muffins for almost a year now! I keep coming across them on the cooking show that I get access to with my Beachbody on Demand membership. And now, I finally took the time and made them. How were they? Well, duh, they were amazing! I only share the best recipes on here! Bonus is they fit right into my meal plan for the brand new LIIFT4 program that I’m starting tomorrow. It’s time to get back on track with my nutrition! I love that I can still eat yummy foods while working on my health/fitness goals. Eating healthy does not have to be boring! And these Orange Cherry Muffins prove that!
Orange Cherry Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Gluten free flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup Almond flour, sifted
- 2 tsp baking powder, gluten free
- 1/2 cup raw chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin organic coconut oil
- 2 TBSP All natural Peanut butter
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 TBSP finely grated orange peel (Orange zest)
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tsp ground flaxseed
- 1 cup thickly sliced banana, very ripe
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cherries
- Preheat oven to 375o F.
- Prepare 12 muffin cups by lining with muffin papers and lightly coatingwith spray.
- Combine flour, almond flour, baking powder, walnuts, and salt in a large mixing bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Place oil, peanut butter, maple syrup, orange peel, orange juice, ground flaxseed, banana, and extract in blender; cover. Blend until smooth; approx. 30 seconds.
- Add peanut butter mixture to flour mixture; mix until just moistened. Do not overmix.
- Add cherries; fold until just mixed.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. (One-quarter cup batter should fill
each cup about three-quarters full.)
8. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
9. Remove from oven; allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes before removing muffins from pan and cooling completely on a rack. Enjoy!