I am finishing up week 3 of 80 Day Obsession and honestly can’t believe how good I’m feeling. I was super nervous starting this program, committing to 80 days of timed nutrition and new challenging workouts. What’s funny is that I was worried I would be hungry all the time and feel deprived but I haven’t at all! My cravings went away within the first week and I’m eating every 2-3 hours so definitely not going hungry. I’m down 8 pounds and 4 inches in almost 3 weeks time and getting stronger every week. The timed nutrition has turned out to be a major game changer for me!
I thought I’d share an amazing recipe to you guys, just in time for Super Bowl! Who doesn’t love loaded potatoes, right?! Well, these Loaded Sweet Potatoes are both 80 Day Obsession approved and 21 Day Fix approved! And you thought that you had to eat salads all day to lose weight and stay fit! Nope, it’s all about fueling your body with healthy foods that are packed with the nutrients our bodies need.
This can be used as meal option #3 in Plan C for the 80 Day Obsession.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 slices nitrate free turkey bacon
- 5 oz raw chicken breast, boneless, skinless, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp Fixate Taco Seasoning
- 3 Cups chopped spinach
- 6 Tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 tsp reduced-fat (2%) sour cream or nonfat Greek yogurt
- Chop[ed chives (for garnish, optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Place sweet potatoes on baking sheet. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until fork tender. Cook until sweet potatoes can be handled.
- While potatoes are baking, cook bacon in large nonstick skillet over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until crisp. Place on paper towels to drain. Once cooled, crumble bacon and set aside
- Add chicken to same skillet. Season with salt and taco seasoning; cook, over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 4-5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Add spinach; cook, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes, or until fully wilted. Set aside.
- Slice cooled sweet potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out most of flesh with a spoon, leaving about 1/4 inch of flesh attached to skin. **I save the inside of the sweet potatoes to eat with my Breakfast casserole later in the week.
- Place sweet potato halves, skin-side up, on baking sheet. Lightly coat with spray. Bake for 15 minutes, or until skins are brown and crisp.
- Fill each sweet potato half with 1/4 cup of chicken mixture. Top evenly with 1 Tbsp cheese, and bacon. Bake for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish each sweet potato half with 1 tsp sour cream and chives (if desired). Enjoy!
FIXATE Taco Seasoning
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp + 11/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 1/2 tsp ground sweet smoked paprika
- 2 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground black pepper