Who doesn’t love fried rice?? Why not have it for breakfast and let’s make it a bit healthier while we are at it! I came across a similar recipe for a healthy breakfast fried rice recently and thought, man that sounds good! But I didn’t love everything that they added to it so I decided to make my own variation. It did not disappoint. And I have made this Breakfast Fried rice 80 Day Obsession Approved! Wait, What? You’re not doing 80 Day Obsession? Why not?
I’ve been preparing this healthy breakfast fried rice on Sunday and using it as my pre and/or post workout meals throughout the week for the 80 Day Obsession Program that I’m doing.
Wanna join my next 80 Day Obsession group or just find out more? Click here
- 1/2 cup green onion
- 1/4 cup Braggs Amino acids or GF Tamari
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 4 Cups diced bell peppers
- 2 cup frozen peas & carrots ( I also used riced cauliflower instead of peas & carrots)
- 4 eggs scrambled
- 2 diced linked chicken sausage
- 8 sliced nitrate free turkey bacon
- 2 1/2 cups cooked and cooled brown rice
- Mix Tamari with mustard and set aside
- Heat 1 tsp coconut oil in large skillet over medium heat
- Add onions, garlic, bell pepper and sausage
- Saute 1-2 minutes
- Add bacon and frozen veggies and rice
- Pour Tamari mixture over rice and stir gently to combine
- Gently stir in cooked eggs. Cook until heated through
Makes 6 servings
Containers- 1 Green, 1 Red, 1 Yellow, 1 tsp
Who ever says eating healthy has to be boring has obviously never tried these 80 Day Obsession approved Chocolate Protein Crepes! I was dying for something sweet this morning but refused to go for the doughnuts that my boys were eating. Luckily, I have access to hundreds of healthy and delicious recipes with my Beachbody on Demand membership. (You can get yours here.) Well, I found these yummy crepes and just had to try them! They did not disappoint, exactly what I needed without the guilt! And they were too good not to share so here ya go! Hope you enjoy them as much as I did! btw- I used Chocolate Shakeology for my protein powder.
- 7-8 large egg whites (1 cup)
- 1 scoop protein powder, chocolate flavor
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Stevia to taste, optional
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Combine egg whites and protein powder in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Heat non stick skillet, lightly spray, on medium-high heat
- Spoon about 1/4 cup batter into skillet; cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until bubbles form on top. Flip with spatula and cook for 30 seconds
- Repeat with remaining batter to make four crepes. Set aside.
- Combine yogurt, extract, and stevia (if desired) in a small bowl; mix well.
- Fill crepes evenly with yogurt mixture, strawberries, and blueberries.
Serves 4 (1 crepe each)
Container equivalent (per serving): 1/2 purple 1/2 red
I am finishing up week 3 of 80 Day Obsession and honestly can’t believe how good I’m feeling. I was super nervous starting this program, committing to 80 days of timed nutrition and new challenging workouts. What’s funny is that I was worried I would be hungry all the time and feel deprived but I haven’t at all! My cravings went away within the first week and I’m eating every 2-3 hours so definitely not going hungry. I’m down 8 pounds and 4 inches in almost 3 weeks time and getting stronger every week. The timed nutrition has turned out to be a major game changer for me!
Wanna learn more about Timed Nutrition and the 80 Day Obsession? Click here to fill out my form for more info.
I thought I’d share an amazing recipe to you guys, just in time for Super Bowl! Who doesn’t love loaded potatoes, right?! Well, these Loaded Sweet Potatoes are both 80 Day Obsession approved and 21 Day Fix approved! And you thought that you had to eat salads all day to lose weight and stay fit! Nope, it’s all about fueling your body with healthy foods that are packed with the nutrients our bodies need.
This can be used as meal option #3 in Plan C for the 80 Day Obsession.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 slices nitrate free turkey bacon
- 5 oz raw chicken breast, boneless, skinless, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp Fixate Taco Seasoning
- 3 Cups chopped spinach
- 6 Tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 tsp reduced-fat (2%) sour cream or nonfat Greek yogurt
- Chop[ed chives (for garnish, optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Place sweet potatoes on baking sheet. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until fork tender. Cook until sweet potatoes can be handled.
- While potatoes are baking, cook bacon in large nonstick skillet over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until crisp. Place on paper towels to drain. Once cooled, crumble bacon and set aside
- Add chicken to same skillet. Season with salt and taco seasoning; cook, over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 4-5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Add spinach; cook, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes, or until fully wilted. Set aside.
- Slice cooled sweet potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out most of flesh with a spoon, leaving about 1/4 inch of flesh attached to skin. **I save the inside of the sweet potatoes to eat with my Breakfast casserole later in the week.
- Place sweet potato halves, skin-side up, on baking sheet. Lightly coat with spray. Bake for 15 minutes, or until skins are brown and crisp.
- Fill each sweet potato half with 1/4 cup of chicken mixture. Top evenly with 1 Tbsp cheese, and bacon. Bake for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish each sweet potato half with 1 tsp sour cream and chives (if desired). Enjoy!
FIXATE Taco Seasoning
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp + 11/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 1/2 tsp ground sweet smoked paprika
- 2 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground black pepper