You know how sometimes you cook something and it looks and smells amazing? Then you go to eat and the taste leaves something to be desired. NOT this time! This Marinated Summer Veggies with Chicken sausage not only looked amazing, it tasted delicious! This was the perfect No Carb dinner. I also took the leftovers and made a delicious omelet this morning. BONUS!
Marinated Summer Veggies with Chicken Sausage
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 1 lb. green beans, ends removed 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 medium summer (crookneck) squash, sliced
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 4 cooked chicken sausages, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- To make marinade, combine oil, vinegar, lime juice, and garlic in a medium bowl; whisk to blend.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired; whisk to blend. Set aside.
- Place green beans, zucchini, summer squash, tomatoes, bell pepper, and onion in a re-sealable plastic bag
(or large bowl). Add marinade; shake to blend. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill or broiler to high.
- Place veggie mixture on large sheet pan (or broiler pan). Add sausages; mix well. Spread out evenly.
- Grill (or broil) for 4 to 8 minutes, turning occasionally, until vegetables begin to soften.
- Sprinkle with basil before serving.