Oh, these Banana Apple Muffins are too good not to share! As you may know, my four year old daughter is gluten-free and is also going through that stage where one day she loves a certain food and the next day she hates it. You, momma’s know what I’m talking about! For instances, last week I made a Mexican casserole for dinner one night. She ate two large helpings and loved it! So, naturally the next day, I serve the leftovers to her for lunch. What did she do?? Spit it out and refused to eat it! The exact same food, she loved the night before!! Life with a four year old is grand!
Well, I am always trying new recipes that are gluten-free and low in sugar in hopes that she will like them, at least for one day. So, I set out to make these Banana Apple Muffins for her but having been eating them myself, as well! They are so light and delicious and there is no guilt. These suckers are even 21 Day Fix approved! 1 Purple and 1 Blue
- 2 Large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 medium bananas)
- 1 Tbsp organic grass fed butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups Almond flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda, gluten free
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1/2 cup chopped apple (about 3/4 medium apple)
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Prepare nine muffins cups by lining with muffin tin liners or coating with spray.
- Combine eggs, banana, and butter in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine almond flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Add almond meal mixture to egg mixture; mix until blended.
- Add apple; mix until just blended.
- Divide batter evenly between prepared muffins cups..
- Bake 16-18 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Transfer muffins to rack; cool.
Container equivalents per serving (1 muffin)- 1 Purple 1 Blue